I think it's a wonderful idea to use part of the gift as the wrapping!! Who said wrapping paper is the only option?
Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look at this wonderful 'How to' page from 1 Million Women
Here are some ideas for you to consider when selecting a gift for someone that is a bit different in it's presentation. You will need to think about the decor or the style of the person you are giving the present to and just add a few complementary items to make a package.
All of the below packages can be finished off with a lovely BIG ribbon to give it that extra pizzazz. It's all about thinking outside the square - or traditional wrapping - here are some ideas:
- tablecloth stuffed with helium balloons, candles, napkins or a selection of consumable goodies like nuts, crackers or cookies
- use the pillowcase from a duvet/doona set to hold the bedding and a bottle of wine, chocolates or a DVD
- use throw pillow cases to wrap up a tin metal sign or book and a nice bottle of wine
- wrap a tapestry wall hanging around a vinyl wall decal or butterfly 3D art set or DIY plaque or picture
- some beautiful toiletries, soaps or DIY bath bombs wrapped in a novelty shower curtain
- cook book or kitchen gadgets wrapped in a tea towel
- a bottle of wine, chocolates or a tin of hot chocolate wrapped in a beanie and scarf
- luxury fragrant essential oils and oil diffuser wrapped in a towel, mandala cloth yoga/beach mat or a round beach wrap
- Did you know a hammock was used on a ship to lessen the feeling of the ocean rolling? If you gave a hammock to someone you will enable them to calm in the swell of their busy life. Wrap a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer in a funky hammock and use the hammock rope to tie it into a neat package.